Bike pack bags are soft bags you can carry on your back while riding your bicycle. You can still attach bike pack bags to the frame of your bicycle using velcro and straps, but the ideal way to carry them is on your back.
So What Are The Pros of Having Such a Bag?
- Better Bike Handling – The bike pack, usually placed closer to your bike’s center of gravity than other bags. As such, it allows you to have better handling of your bike since your bike will not be leaning too much on one side. Your bike will feel nimble and be more responsive simply because it is well balanced.
- Efficiency – There is something known as aerodynamics that is important to cyclists. When you are on your bike, you want to move fast if you can. Since bike packs are lighter and don’t allow much room for over-packing, they can give you the freedom you need to move faster while expending little energy.
- Minimal Wear on Your Bike – The thing about bicycle bags is that they take a toll on your bicycle. But bike packs are not placed directly on the bike. Meaning your bike will experience minimal wear and tear. As such, you won’t have to spend so much time on maintenance or replacing parts.
- Stable – When you carry your bike pack, you’ll notice it has adjustable straps that you can use to have a snug fit. Allows you to move in-between spaces and ride through rough roads without your bag falling over. And even if you were to fall, the bag does not break since it contains no racks. If it tears, you can repair it with a needle and thread.
- Ease of Navigation – Bike packs are designed to be carried close to your back, which means that they don’t dangle haphazardly onto your sides when you wear them. As such, you can easily navigate through traffic, narrow gaps, and in between trees.
- Make Them Yourself – The good thing about bike bags is that you don’t have to pay an arm and a leg for them. You can easily make one yourself. And if you are going for a unique look, you can have one custom-made for you.
- Stylish – Bike packs are not just stylish but also trendy. Many companies are coming up with sleek designs, so you’re always in for a treat when you want to purchase a bike bag.
When to Use Bike-Pack Bags
Bike packs are the type of bags you use when running errands, attending meetings, or going to school. Because they allow you to safely carry your property inside the bag, knowing that you won’t have to leave your bag behind when you go inside.
Also, you can use bike bags when you are traveling long distances. Provided that you don’t have to carry much. If you keep your load light, you can travel further in fewer hours than you would have if you were using a heavily loaded bicycle.